Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 09:20:38AM -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> sher@localhost:~$ grep -i cdrom /etc/fstab
> /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   iso9660 ro,user,noauto,unhide  0       0
> /dev/hdd        /media/cdrom1   iso9660 ro,user,noauto,unhide  0       0

Okay. So your CD writer is either /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd. Now
run these three commands *as a non-root user* and send us
the output:

ls -la /dev/hdc
ls -la /dev/hdd
groups

This will tell us the permissions and group ownership on
your CD drives, and the final command will tell us which
groups you belong to. I suspect we'll find that you're not a
member of a group that has write permissions on the CD
drive.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org