Re: KDE 3.4 in unstable

Roby wrote:

Hamster wrote:

Does anyone know of an ETA for KDE 34 in unstable? Even if I could get
an indication of if it's weeks or months away.

I realise in previous months the delay was due to the impending
release of a new stable, but that's been out for a while now.

Thanks.

I don't know, but adding this to /etc/apt/sources.list will get you kde
3.4.1:

deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.4.1 ./

I got 3.4 from alioth a while ago (mebbe 2 months); and 3.4.1 more recently.
Installed on four Debian boxes, works fine.

Roby
Whenever someone suggests a third party repository, please add a note saying that it is not official Debian and there might be problems installing/using it. Perhaps the OP might know about it. But people reading the archives on google might not.

I have seen too many cases, where people start using 3rd party repositories and complain about Debian's instability.

just my 2 cents
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi