Re: Konqueror URL Launch Issue

Benjamin Sher wrote:

>I deleted my /home/sher/.kde directory in its entirety. Actually, I just
>renamed it. Logged out. Logged back in. The raw, unconfigured, original KDE
>with the Wizard greeted me. I then tested Konqueror: BLANK. It took it over a
>minute or maybe two to do anything (www.nytimes.com), then it finally brought
>up the dreaded URL download box. I waited another full minute. Nothing. I
>then tested Mozilla. Brought up the same page instantly. So, I'd gather it
>has something to do with Konqueror. That's all I know.

You're not by chance using a laptop? If so, take it to the local
wireless-enabled coffee shop and see if the problem exists there also.

Do you have a router between you and the modem; perhaps remove it from
the equation.

Perhaps purge/reinstall konqueror. Hmm; that's probably the tack I'd
follow now.

--
Kent