Re: exim4 update

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 11:53:02PM +0100 or thereabouts, Mark Crean wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 15:04 -0400, Steve A wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:29:49PM -0400 or thereabouts, Steve A wrote:
> > > Hey folks:
>
> > I've installed sa-exim, but I can't find anything on Google on how to configure
> > this properly. Everything I find is all over the place and not concise and
> > straight to the point (at least what I've found so far).
> >
> > So does anyone have any pointers on how to configure 'spamd' with fetchmail and
> > exim4? In the meantime, I'll continue to use the search engines ...
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> [snip]
>
> I recently did this on Testing using exim-daemon-heavy which has the
> exiscan patch built in - so you do not need sa-exim.

I now realize you are correct -- It would have been nice to have known before I
started. <grin>

> Instructions for configuring spamassassin (and antivirus software, if
> wanted) with exim4 running exiscan can be found at the link on this
> page: http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php
>
> As you can see, basically you need to change a couple of things in the
> exim4 conf file and add an ACL to deal with the spam scanning, etc. It
> all works as advertised here though running spamassassin as a daemon
> takes up an awful lot of memory imho. There may be other and better
> sites around but after mucho googling this one provided the info.

Thanks Fish ! I think I've got it working now (at least I'm not throwing any
errors). I now will wait and see if clamav and sa-exim are working properly.

Cheers
--
Steve A.
Saturday Jul 16 2005 19:15:01 EDT