Re: exim4 update

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 15:04 -0400, Steve A wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:29:49PM -0400 or thereabouts, Steve A wrote:
> > Hey folks:

> I've installed sa-exim, but I can't find anything on Google on how to configure
> this properly. Everything I find is all over the place and not concise and
> straight to the point (at least what I've found so far).
>
> So does anyone have any pointers on how to configure 'spamd' with fetchmail and
> exim4? In the meantime, I'll continue to use the search engines ...
>
> Thanks.

[snip]

I recently did this on Testing using exim-daemon-heavy which has the
exiscan patch built in - so you do not need sa-exim.

Instructions for configuring spamassassin (and antivirus software, if
wanted) with exim4 running exiscan can be found at the link on this
page: http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php

As you can see, basically you need to change a couple of things in the
exim4 conf file and add an ACL to deal with the spam scanning, etc. It
all works as advertised here though running spamassassin as a daemon
takes up an awful lot of memory imho. There may be other and better
sites around but after mucho googling this one provided the info.

:)

Fish