Re: exim4 update

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:29:49PM -0400 or thereabouts, Steve Å wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
> This morning I decided to upgrade to exim4 from exim3 on my Sarge box. During
> teh installation, I chose to use the monolithic configuration, and to manually
> update from exim3 conf. I ran 'exim_convert4r4' aftewards.
>
> I can send out via my smarthost OK (as this message attests to). However e-mail
> can't be delivered locally and I'm at a quandry as to what to "adjust" to fix
> that. Here is the error, I receive when sending from a Web account to Debian
> box, which receives via fetchmail;
>
>     This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>
>     A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>     recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>
>       steve123@localhost
>           local delivery failed
>
> Any suggestions ?

Responding to my own question -- I should have checked the logs. When converting
my Exim3 conf to Exim4 it picked up some Spamassassin directors that weren't
compatible, I deleted them -- Now get local delivery. 8)

However, that brings me to my next problem. The main reason I upgraded to Exim4
was to use the advanced virus scanning and the ability to reject at smtp time
with Spamassassin.

I've installed sa-exim, but I can't find anything on Google on how to configure
this properly. Everything I find is all over the place and not concise and
straight to the point (at least what I've found so far).

So does anyone have any pointers on how to configure 'spamd' with fetchmail and
exim4? In the meantime, I'll continue to use the search engines ...

Thanks.

--
Steve A.
Saturday Jul 16 2005 14:55:01 EDT