Re: Reverse Shell?

Jacob S wrote:
> There are not currently any ports forwarded from the firewall to this
> computer and we do not have any access to the firewall to enable
> something like this, either. What I am hoping is that I can have them
> establish an ssh connection into my firewall with some software that
> would then allow me to get a shell on their computer.

    Would some form of -L or -R with SSH work?  IE, have him use one of the
two (-R I think) to have SSH forward a port on your machine to a port on his.
 He can't forward directly to 22 unless he sets it up as root.

    This would get around the firewall because the connection is outbound
(arrow is direction of initial contact)...

his machine ----ssh-----> your machine

    ...however when you connect to the local port it is tunneled across the
connection he's made with ssh and connects from his machine to his own machine
inside the firewall.  So it ends up looking like this:

his machine <---- his machine ----ssh-----> your machine <----- your machine

    Had a late night last night and brain is toasted so two disclaimers.

1: I'm not sure if I'm remembering ssh properly on this and...
2: Even if I am I'm too brain fried to hammer at it to test it locally with
some of my machines.  Maybe someone else on the list can carry this thought
further?