Reverse Shell?

Hello list,

Does anyone know of a way to do a reverse shell over ssh? Let me explain
what I am trying to do.

I have a friend that I'm helping upgrade Debian on their desktop. This
friend is not very computer literate - even in Windows. So they're
having a problem that I need to troubleshoot, but they're behind a
firewall so I can't ssh into their computer.

There are not currently any ports forwarded from the firewall to this
computer and we do not have any access to the firewall to enable
something like this, either. What I am hoping is that I can have them
establish an ssh connection into my firewall with some software that
would then allow me to get a shell on their computer.

I've noticed revsh[0] looks like it was designed for this, but I'm
wondering whether anyone has experience with it or knows of something
better. The only time I've heard of something like this being done was
in a rootkit, so I'm hoping to find some trustworthy code that isn't
likely to have a backdoor in it. (If such a thing is possible. :-)

[0] http://osx.freshmeat.net/projects/revsh/

TIA,
Jacob