Re: logging in

Lawrence Myers wrote:

> I just installed debian and I can’t log in I have given user name and
> password after that it comes up with my name @debian.net then ? when I
> type in a user name and password it say no command and on another line
> –bash

I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

If it looks something like this:

debian.net login:

then you're not logged in. If instead, it looks like that before you
type in your name and password, and then it looks more like this:

myers@debian.net:~$

then you are logged in. You're just at a command prompt, whereas you
might have been expecting a graphical user interface (GUI), like what
you'd get with MS-Windows. If that's the case, that's a totally
different question.

Let us know, and we'll go from there.

--
Kent