mounting usb devices consistently

Hi

I have a usb sd card reader a usb cruzer mini jump drive and a usb cf
card reader. I have created mount points for them as /cfcard /sdrive
and /jdrive. AT the time I set them up this corresponded
to /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc1 and /dev/sdd1. So /etc/fstab looks like this:

<pass>
/dev/sdb1       /cfcard      auto    defaults,user,umask=000 0       0
/dev/sdc1       /sdcard         auto    defaults,user,umask=000 0
0
/dev/sdd1       /jdrive      auto    defaults,user,umask=000 0       0

My problem is that when I plugin say the jumpdrive it getsassigned
arbitrarily (or so it seems) to either sdb1 sdc1 or sdd1. I would like
to somehow make sure that each physical device always gets the same
device name. SO the sdcard is always /dev/sdc1 and the cf card is
always /dev/sdb1. Regardless of the order in which I plug them in.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
emk
--
Edward Kamau <emkamau@afrocenter.com>