Re: Need help with exim4 SMTP Auth [SOLVED]

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 07:31:10AM +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 03:56:02PM -0600, pecondon@mesanetworks.net wrote:
>
>    >  Where can I get info. on how to resolve this?
>    > I haven't found anything that looks like SMTP Authentication in the exim4
>    > documentation on my machine. Is it a new feature? Or does exim4 refer to
>    > it by a different name?
>    >
> It is in the docs. Just install exim4-daemon-heavy as it has everything
> enabled by default.
>
> Look at /etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples
> You can set the auth stuff there. It is working for me nicely. I just
> wish the debian exim installer would query and set the SMTP_AUTH stuff.
>
> HTH,

[Solved] I have been, and still am, a user of a mimimalist email setup.
fetchmail to get mail from my ISP, and exim set to forward my mail to
my ISP's smarthost. (the second choise of five in exim4-config).
I moved from exim4-daemon-light to exim4-daemon-heavy and ran

dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

again and email now works correctly again.

I spent a little time reading info exim and the above mentioned
...config_examples before posting this message. But, for the benefit of
others who have this problem and find this in the archives: ...-heavy
contains the fix. Email was already working when I did the
reading.

Thanks to all.
--
Paul E Condon