Re: 4x SATA Ports via Marvell Controller etc
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: 4x SATA Ports via Marvell Controller etc
- From: Chris Bannister <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:00:15 +1200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20050704010015.GI13024@kan>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 02:34:37PM -0300, Yupanqui Munoz wrote:
> Hi Emeric,
Hi, Yupanqui and Emeric
Please don't top post
> I tried to use debian(31rda)-i386, fedora core 4 (AMD64) and
> ubuntu-5.05-AMD64, but none of them could recognize the HDs in the
> I need the correct driver (Marvell (Adaptec) 4-port / 8-port SATA
> Driver (Hercules-II)) to make it work.
> Is there a specific driver in debian distribution that I can use in
> the installation? Where I can find it? How to install it?
(incorrect quoting also stuffs up the attribution)
> 2005/6/30, Emeric Maschino <email@example.com>:
> > Hi Yupanqui,
> > x86-64), not a pure 64-bit processor like the Itanium. If you wanna
> > install Debian, you're stuck with the i386 version, since Debian doesn't
> > offer an AMD64 version. If you wanna take advantages of the extended 64-
> > bit instructions, you need to install an AMD64 distribution like Fedora
> > Core 4 for example.
Wrong!! Debian does provide an AMD64 distribution and they have a
To SUBSCRIBE, email to debian-amd64-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "subscribe".
Ask your question there they may be able to help.
[unecessary verbiage snipped]