Re: mail server

On (02/07/05 19:03), Csanyi Pal wrote:
> To: Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> From: Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@sks.co.yu>
> Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:03:42 +0200
> Subject: Re: mail server
>
> On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 01:13:12PM -0400, Craig Russell wrote:
> >
> > askar k wrote:
> >
> > >Is there step-by-step guide on building a mail server
> > >postfix+spamassassin+clamavd+etc... on the internet?
>
> And is there a step-by-step guide on building a mail server using
> exim4?

Hi Csanyi

I recently followed this to build two mail servers:

http://blogs.papercutsoftware.com/matt.doran/page/2/

Below are some notes I made for myself; they're pretty sketchy but may
help.

Regards

Clive

Mailserver Install

Packages:
dovecot
exim4-daemon-heavy
greylistd
sa-exim
spamassassin
razor
clamav
clamav-daemon
fetchmail

To configure exim4:
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

Configure exim4 to direct mail to $home/Maildir
Add: dc_localdelivery='maildir_home' to
/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf

Dovecot setup:
edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf adding values for "protocols"

Configure fetchmail
edit $home/.fetchmailrc

run fetchmail as daemon
NB. Need script to run user daemons after reboot
$ fetchmail -d 600

to activate spamassassin edit /etc/default/spamassassin:
ENABLED=1

to integrate with exim4 follow the instructions in:
/usr/share/doc/sa-exim/README.Debian

and add the following two lines to /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template:
local_scan_path = /usr/lib/exim4/local_scan/sa-exim.so
av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
 and add this to acl/40_exim4-config_check_data setcion to activate
 clamav:

 # added for configuring clamav
 deny
   message = This message contains a virus: ($malware_name) please scan
   your system.
             demime = *
             malware = *

and add clamav to group Debian-exim
  (dpkg-reconfigure clamav-daemon)

edit /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf
SApermreject: 8.0
SAtempreject: 5.0
SAEximRunCond: 1

To configure razor, follow the instructions in
/usr/share/doc/razor/README.Debian

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business