Re: Gnome logout hangs

On Jul 02 2005, Ryan Heise wrote:
> - Is there a better option than running esd? Do people hate/like esd?

I just hate absolutely any non-kernelspace daemon that is not invoked
explicitly by me.

I feel so bad having KDE run all those kdeinit processes as I do when I run
gnome (or gnome applications) and see lots of gconfd-2 process (among
others).

That's the reason why I am still using fluxbox. I don't need anything else
from what it provides with the "Minimal" style (fast, reasonably
small---but not as small as I wished it would be---and flexible).

Hope this helps you feel slightly better, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/