Gnome logout hangs

Hi debian people,

I'm wondering if someone can help me.

I just did a system upgrade and now Gnome hangs when I try to logout.
My initial configuration was "unstable", last upgraded a few months ago.
Here is what I remember changing, from memory.

- apt-get dist-upgrade    (to testing)
- apt-get install scim scim-hangul scim-tables-ko uim ami ttf-...
  xfonts-... m17n-env
- set-m17n-env   (selecting korean locale and running scim)

I discovered that if I wait for about 10 minutes after requesting to
logout, it finally logs out. I saw a suggestion on the web to reinstall
audiofile, and that seemed to work, just once. Now it hangs again :-(

Can anyone help?
Thanks,

Ryan