resolv.conf

I think I have determined why my system keeps having two internet
connections at boot-up: /etc/resolv.conf has two nameservers. When I
delete one and re-boot, lo and behold, the second is back.

The question, then, is this: What is writing to resolv.conf that makes
it have two nameservers? Perhaps rp-pppoe.so? I found where this is,
but I do not know how to edit the file. Is this the problem? If so,
how do I edit it?

Much appreciated and a thank you in advance.
--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.