Re: resolv.conf

David R. Litwin wrote:

I think I have determined why my system keeps having two internet
connections at boot-up: /etc/resolv.conf has two nameservers. When I
delete one and re-boot, lo and behold, the second is back.

The question, then, is this: What is writing to resolv.conf that makes
it have two nameservers? Perhaps rp-pppoe.so? I found where this is,
but I do not know how to edit the file. Is this the problem? If so,
how do I edit it?

Much appreciated and a thank you in advance.
Your resolv.conf file has nothing to do with how your interfaces are being configured. If it is being written too at bootup then you must be using dhcp to get assigned some of your information. It is definitely a good idea to have at least 2 nameservers so that your ISP can take one down for maintenance, etc and you won't be dead in the water. I'm coming in the middle of this thread so I'm not really sure about the rest of your question. Sounds like you are getting multiple pppoe interfaces configured at boot time? I used to use pppoe for my wireless isp service but was forced to drop it due to the latency in the wireless links. Maybe if you repeat your initial question to me, I might be able to help more.

Craig Russell
AirDigitalNetwork.com