Re: Newbie: Setting up different Window Manager's

pvbedu-pereira@yahoo.com.br wrote:

>My problem is, how can I from the command line start different window
>managers? 'Cause when I do a 'startx' it only loads
>the default window manager, right? so how can I do it?

I suggest creating ~/.xinitrc; the quick and dirty way is to just put a
bunch of window managers/environments in this file, and comment out all
but the one you want. For example:

westk[@westk03]:/home/westk> cat .xinitrc
#icewm
#xterm
#wmaker
startkde
#xfce
#gnome-session

Then just "startx".

(This assumes you don't already have an .xinitrc file; if you do, you
might have to get more complex than this to make it all fit together.)

--
Kent