Re: About blackdown

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 07:37:05PM -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> make it work.  In the long run, I'd love it if I could compile my program for
> Linux, OSX, and Windows, with all executable and library files in one or a
> few directories on an install CD, and easily copy that directory tree over to
> the target system.

You might want to look at the wxWindows/wxWidgets library (it changed its
name recently).  It does run on Linux, Windows, Mac, and a variety of Unixes.

> I'm probably wrong on this, but I didn't think Qt could
> be used from Java, and I don't know C or C++.

But it does stick you with the misfortune of programming in C++.
There does seem to be a Python binding, though.

But is there any problem getting your clients to use Sun's Java?

-- hendrik