Re: ColdFusion MX (was Misc. Newb Help)

Greg Folkert wrote:
your exposure. Coldfusion works fine, I have had MX working on Sarge as
recent as 2 months ago. Since nothing really significant has changed...
it should be okay. I did have some issues that were resolvable. But, I
am not you and it is not my machine, so YMMV.

I just tried installing ColdFusion MX (6.1), but the installer quickly complained:
--------------------------------
Warning: C++ compatibility pack

The installer was unable to determine if the C++ compatibility pack is
installed by running the following command: rpm --query compat-libstdc++
If this machine uses a version of glibc that is 2.2.5.x or higher the
compatibility pack is necessary for C++ custom tags, Verity, and web server connectors to work properly.

For more information see the installation manual at
http://www.macromedia.com/go/livedocs_cfmx61docs

Can you give me any install tips? I've had success w/this installer on SuSE 8.0/9.2 Pro in the past... I didn't see anything resembling 'compat-libstdc' for Debian. I even did a search on www1.apt-get.org.

Thanks for any pointers,
Eric P