Re: Enabling apache2 and ssl - is there an easy way?

"Andy Smith" <andy@lug.org.uk> wrote in message
[🔎] 20050620130640.GQ754@strugglers.net">news:[🔎] 20050620130640.GQ754@strugglers.net...
> Please explain exactly what you are having problems with.

The first problem is that apache2 - ssl does not work "out of the box" like
it does in apache1.  You need to generate certificate files etc manually,
and create a new config file.  Are there any "official" guides on how to do
this?  Other problems include:

1. Unable to make the DocumentRoot for http and https different (its simple
with apache1 - config files are in different locations)
2. For some reason, my browser tries to download the output of "index.php"
in my root directory, but not in a subdirectory ie: http://mysite does not
work, but http://mysite/another and http://mysite/inded.php are OK.

I note that the "official" version of apache for sarge is still 1.3.33
(listed in distrowatch.com).  I suspect that apache2 is for brave souls
willing to get their hands dirty.

I think I'll stick to 1.3.xx - its worked very well for the last year.