Re: where is zlib?

On Tuesday 21 Jun 2005 10:04, hsrai@gndec.ac.in wrote:
> | checking for deflate in -lz... no
> | configure: error: *** Unable to locate zlib library.
>
> "zlib" has to be there, as I am using GRASS 6.0 Beta version on my
> existing installation.
>
> Please help me to find out "zlib" library's location.

This should tell you what zlib libraries are installed, and also tell you what
related packages *aren't* installed.  You'll need the -dev package to build
software that uses zlib.

dpkg -l zlib* | awk '{print $2}' | grep ^z | xargs dpkg -L | grep libz

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.