Re: Easy way to browse package patches?

Hello *,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 02:02:50PM -0500, Adam Fabian wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the right direction about the easiest way to
> browse the applied patches to packages?  I'm thinking something along
> the lines of a master CVS repository.
>
> Is there something like a master CVS repository for Debian?
> I occasionally like to look to see what patches have been applied to
> the software, etc.  I know I can apt-get the source, but that's usually
> overkill.  I found cvs.debian.org on Google, but unless I missed it,
> it doesn't seem to have CVS for individual packages.

Some sub-parts, some packages, have a public repository. The SVN
repository of the X Strike Force is a popular example.
Yet generally it's up to each individual (group of) maintainers
decision whether they want to make their works easily accessable
or rather just occasionally produce a new package revision for the
public to digest.

So I guess you'll need to rely on apt-get, unless you are lucky enough
to find other means of browsing the changes. For some packages those
exists, for some they don't. It just depends.

Cheers,
Flo