Re: xmms skips all files

Guillaume TESSIER said:
> Kent West wrote:
>
>>Francisco Borges wrote:

>>>I know that xmms behaves like this when the files don't exist but the
>>>files all exist and they are all MP3s I used to play with xmms so I
>>>don't think the problem lies with my mp3s.
>>>
>>>I don't even have to hit play for this to happen just to load the files
>>>in the play list.
>>>

>>I would clear the play list. Then try just one file. If that does not
>>work, can you play that one file with another player?
>>

> Maybe you don't have the rights on those files... Do they belongs to the
> same user who launch xmms?

I would bet that this is the problem.  I have my mp3s on my windows drive
since I dual boot.  I added that drive to fstab but I didn't quite get the
permissions correct when I did it.  I found that only root had rights to the
share I had my mp3s on.  It caused xmms to behave exactly like the OP
describes.  Once I modified fstab to mount the drive where everyone could
access it, xmms was able to play the files just fine.

Maybe try running xmms as root and see what happens?  It would be a quick and
easy way to find out if it's a rights issue.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com