Re: xmms skips all files

Kent West wrote:

Francisco Borges wrote:

» On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 01:50PM +0100, michael wrote:

If I load a list of existing files into xmms it just keeps going through
the list endlessly, like if the files didn't exist.
My inst of xmms skips files it cannot play. Remove all dead listings and
try again
I know that xmms behaves like this when the files don't exist but the
files all exist and they are all MP3s I used to play with xmms so I
don't think the problem lies with my mp3s.

I don't even have to hit play for this to happen just to load the files
in the play list.

I would clear the play list. Then try just one file. If that does not
work, can you play that one file with another player?

Maybe you don't have the rights on those files... Do they belongs to the same user who launch xmms?