apache 1.3 to 2.0 migration

I'm presently a number of php/mysql driven websites on a production
box using apache 1.3.  Apache was installed via apt-get on this
Sarge based box.

I now have a need to switch to apache 2.0 (have started using python
and cherrypy in my sites, the latter of which does have more
functionality under apache 2.0).

Are they any special gotcha's that I need to watch for in the
migration process?  I plan to apt-get install apache 2.0 using port
8080 alongside the existing 1.3, which uses port 80.  Once I get the
httpd.conf settings tweaked and all works o.k. on port 8080, I'll
uninstall apache 1.3 and set 2.0 to listen on port 80 and be done.

Will this work?

I've read through the migration docs that are at apache.org.  I
would just like to make sure there are no surprises in the apt-get
process or my logic.

Thanks
Kevin