RE: root floppy image ... shared libraries problem

> --- Stephane Durieux <durieux42@yahoo.fr> a écrit :
>
> > hello
> >
> > I am trying to make my own floppy root image

fun project .. but not for the beginners, at least in
order to be successful at it

> > But I don t know how to do
> > I should probably make an ext2 floppy and include
> > major
> > binaries such as
> > - bash
> > - login
> > - mount

why those binaries ???
	- you will need to know why and which binaries
	to include

	login is not needed ... since you're trying to
	make a floppy

> > but I have also to include shared libraries .so
> > and I think I can't only copy them from hdd to the
> > floppy

why not... sut you can

you'll become an instant gazillionaire if you can make
a standalone boot floppy

- tomsrtbt is the best and variations thereof
  but its going backwards, making it harder to modify

- busybox sucks the big one ... ( no need for flame wars either )
  unless one can modify its contents and make it do other
  things besides using it as is

> > 1/ which major binaries to include

any command oyuo wanna type.. you need to install

> > 2/ how to make those binaries knowing the place
> > where
> > to find libraries they use

ldd /bin/bash
	- lists all the libraries you will need

-- and yup... lots of standalone root images ...
	- boot from floppy
	- boot from cf
	- boot from cd
	- boot from usb
	- boot from network
	- boot from ??

	- lots of fun ... cd booting is little messier

c ya
aklvin