Re: apache 1.3 to 2.0 migration

On Saturday 18 Jun 2005 11:42, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> I now have a need to switch to apache 2.0 (have started using python
> and cherrypy in my sites, the latter of which does have more
> functionality under apache 2.0).
>
> Are they any special gotcha's that I need to watch for in the
> migration process?  I plan to apt-get install apache 2.0 using port
> 8080 alongside the existing 1.3, which uses port 80.  Once I get the
> httpd.conf settings tweaked and all works o.k. on port 8080, I'll
> uninstall apache 1.3 and set 2.0 to listen on port 80 and be done.
>
> Will this work?

I think that'll work fine, yes.  Apache 2 splits its config into separate
files, in /etc/apache2/modules-{enabled,available}
and /etc/apache2/sites-{enabled,available}.  That aspect might take a bit of
getting used to, but overall, I think it's a much better approach.

Otherwise, Apache 2 was painless for me :)

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.