Re: [SOLVED] hplip and its "toolbox"

Ahhhhhhh!  I feel certain I had done this before (deleted the printer
and re-added it with CUPS after installing hplip) but I now believe I
was locked in to the old mind frame of knowing the printer is usb and
always choosing the first usb printer--"USB Printer #1"--never looking
up further in the list to notice the "hp:/usb/Deskjet_3840?..." entry.
Thanks for giving me the encouragement to run through that one more
time and for pointing out where to focus my attention.  I had completely
missed the "hp:/usb/Deskjet_3840?..." entry before and now see what the
README means by the "CUPS backend installed by hplip".  This was not
making any sense previously.

'toolbox' finds my printer now and I may have a much better idea
of what is wrong with it when it is blinking and clearly unhappy
with something.  I can monitor ink levels and run maintenance
operations on it to boot!

Thanks!!!

Paul

  --received from Maurits van Rees--