Re: movie pb on totem ??

belahcene wrote:

> Hi,
> I ve just installed sarge deb3.1, mozilla-firefox. by default totem is
> calling when I try to watch movie on the net. In general the movies
> require mplayer and realplayer. Here I send an image of the error (
> attached). I tried realplayer too, but I could heard a song not watch
> a video??
> please is there any help
> best regards
> bela

Error Message: Totem could not play
'mmx://198.239.32.152/VideoArchives/200506/2005060071.wmv'

I suspect that you don't have the appropriate codecs/decoders installed
for this particular wmv file. I've run into situations where one .wmv
file will play, while another will not. I have always assumed that they
must be coded in two different versions, and I only have the decoder
software for one of the versions.

If you haven't already done so, you might go to the MPlayer site and
download the package of codecs that's labeled something like "basic" or
"all the base formats" (or whatever it's called), and unzip them into
/usr/local/lib/codecs (which I have as a symlink to /usr/local/lib/win32).

--
Kent West
Technology Support