Re: [Bit OT] Printers

On Wednesday 15 Jun 2005 01:06, Olle Eriksson wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 14.58, michael wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 12:35 +0100, Graham Smith wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > I'm looking to get a half way decent laser printer for my (very) new
> > > small business. If possible I would like colour but if a sufficiently
> > > good black and white is available for the right price I will take
> > > that as it will mostly only be printing packing sheets.
> > > [...]
> >
> > Personally, I've a Brother HL-5150D which does duplex and wasn't
> > expensive but I do have some problems printing PDFs (the duplexer
> > insists that it has to be A4 paper and I've obviously not got all the
> > CUPS & foomatic perfectly set up to do this for all possible PDF files)
>
> I have a HL-5150D too, and I have problems with some PDF files too. I use
> the postscript driver and the printer is supposed to support postscript
> but still some pages fail to print. I get a Syntax error message printed.
>
> Anyone with similar experiences?
>

> --
> Olle Eriksson
> mail@olle-eriksson.com | http://www.olle-eriksson.com

At the charity I work for, we have had excellent experience using Kyocera.

They separate toners from the rest of the gubbins - so when you replace toner,
you ONLY replace toner.

They are ridiculously cheap and all the PPDs you can imagine come on the CDs
and are easy to find on their website.

Cheers,

--
BOFH excuse #52:

Smell from unhygienic janitorial staff wrecked the tape heads