Re: [Bit OT] Printers

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 14.58, michael wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 12:35 +0100, Graham Smith wrote:
> > [...]
> > I'm looking to get a half way decent laser printer for my (very) new
> > small business. If possible I would like colour but if a sufficiently
> > good black and white is available for the right price I will take
> > that as it will mostly only be printing packing sheets.
> > [...]
>
> Personally, I've a Brother HL-5150D which does duplex and wasn't
> expensive but I do have some problems printing PDFs (the duplexer
> insists that it has to be A4 paper and I've obviously not got all the
> CUPS & foomatic perfectly set up to do this for all possible PDF files)

I have a HL-5150D too, and I have problems with some PDF files too. I use
the postscript driver and the printer is supposed to support postscript
but still some pages fail to print. I get a Syntax error message printed.

Anyone with similar experiences?

--
Olle Eriksson
mail@olle-eriksson.com | http://www.olle-eriksson.com