Re: [Bit OT] Printers

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:35:03PM +0100, Graham Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the slightly off topic nature of this question but I thought
> this was probably the best place to ask it.
>
> I'm looking to get a half way decent laser printer for my (very) new
> small business. If possible I would like colour but if a sufficiently
> good black and white is available for the right price I will take that
> as it will mostly only be printing packing sheets.
>
> Ideally the printer will live as a separate device on the network but if
> that isn't an option I am happy enough to run it through cups.
>
> In my ideal world it will also have a duplexer or at least be able to
> accept one.

I know HP has a new(er) color laser out, which here in CA runs $400 at
Costco.  I doubt it does duplex, but my experience with HP has always
been good, and CUPS/GIMP (gimpprint/gutenprint/whatever) have supported
HP pretty darned well.  AFAIK it (like others they sell) can stand
alone on a network with an additional card add-on.

Sorry I don't know the model number...

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,