Re: Gwebdec (Solved)

David R. Litwin wrote:

>     Concerning top-posting,

<snip>

>     you should intersperse your comments just after the material to
>     which you're replying
>

> In that case, I'll disperse my replies within the text. A wise move.
> The only reason I've been deleting is that, on another fairly
> high-volume mailing list (WOT-DM: Wheel of Time - Dragonmount), we had
> a similar issue: Nearly all of the members have Gmail and so not
> deleting the prior stuff gets every one quite livid, I. E. having  all
> the previous messages under the newest one.

Yeah, that problem is addressed also in the "Top-Posting" thread. Not
only is it recommended to intersperse your replies, trimming excess
material, while leaving enough for context, is also recommended. You did
rather well in this last reply.

PS. I think a lot of people are hesitant to use their "good" email
addresses on this list, such as a Gmail account, because the list mail
is publicly archived, and spammers tend to scrape addresses from the
archives.

Cheers!

--
Kent