Re: Looking for recommendation or backup/restore tool

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org>:
>  Michael Martinell wrote:
> > Does anybody have any suggestions for this?
>
>      Erm, why the requirement for a web interface?  That right there is the
>  killer because backup/restore is generally thought of an admin task which
>  implies to some degree having command line access on the box(es) in question.
>  I would presume that a web-based solution hasn't been worked on because when
>  one is thinking in terms of backups and, as an extension, disaster recovery,

They're not thinking of disaster recovery.  They're thinking of a drop
dead simple way of resurrecting the odd file that a user accidentally
blew away.  They're two different things.

(*)           http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling   Linux Counter #80292
- -           http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html