Re: Request for window manager recommendations

Steve C. Lamb:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:48:29PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > It's certainly pretty easy in Icewm. You just add a suitable line in the
> > menu file and it then appears in the menu list when you press Ctrl-Esc.
>
>     How are the lines added?

With the right tool to do the job, of course - that means your $EDITOR.
;-)

> 1: type of menu item (program or folder)
> 2: The name to attribute to that item
> 3: The icon to associate with the item
> 4: The application/program to run
> 5: The command lines to pass on
>
>     Oddly enough XFCE and KDE can manage a graphic representation of those 5
> items.  So, uh, where's the problem?  Why does it NEED to be in text?

It needs to be text so console junkies like me can change it with their
text editor! ;-) That said, there /are/ programs just to edit menus,
preferences and key bindings for IceWM. I do not like them and they are
not neatly "integrated" into IceWM, but they are there.

J.
--
I eat meat and am concerned about bugs which are resistant to
antibiotics.