Re: Request for window manager recommendations

Anthony Campbell:
> On 13 Jun 2005, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>
> > I really tried using other window managers in the last approx. 4 years,
> > but I always returned to IceWM. Currently I am trying to use it in
> > conjunction with Gnome, but Gnome makes the login process so slow that I
> > will probably ditch it again.
>
> Since we've started on this thread, I have to say that this is my
> experience too - I've always come back to Icewm after trying others. I
> don't use either KDE or Gnome so I don't know how it interacts with
> them.

I don't know about KDE, but IceWM and Gnome work quite ok. The Gnome
workspace switcher recognizes the current desktop and you can tweak
IceWM's winoptions file to ignore the panel and all this other stuff.
That's about it. ;-) If you tell nautilus not to draw the desktop you
can even use root-tail and torsmo together with Gnome.

J.
--
When I am at nightclubs I enjoy looking at other people and assessing
their imagined problems.