Re: Request for window manager recommendations

Quoting herminio@gmail.com:

Have just finished installing sarge (am a first-time debian user, very
impressed), and now am chosing a window manager. I have fond memories
of using a little-known WM called VTWM on SunOS, but that was almost 10
years ago now. I'm guessing the are other, at least equally noteworthy
WM's around.

Not so keen on KDE/GNOME because as I understand they are somewhat
CPU-intensive and take longer to load than the traditional WMs.

A personal recommendation of your favourite window manager would be
much appreciated.

My favorite has always been icewm.
Very fast, and simple, but very configurable.