Re: Sarge release date [Was: Installing D-Link DGE-530T Gigabit NIC on an Woody 3.0r5 after Install.]

Siju George wrote:

I have downloaded sarge today and am going to install it so I'll let
you know the details soon.

I happened to see something strange though!

You should probably start a new thread with your new topic. You have a better chance of getting a response from people other than myself, who may not be following this thread anymore.
on june 6th on the debian site it was written that Sarge would take
one more week to get released because of some critical bugs needing to
be fixed but today i find that the site mentions that Sarge was
released on june 6th itslef!!

any Idea what happened??
I don't know about this but sarge was released June 6th.

also I see the CD ISOs have te alphabet "a" appended to their name like "3.1r0a"

does it mean that it is the alpha release of "3.1r0" or something??
Nope there was a minor update to correct a problem with the default sources.list

Thankyou so much once again for caring to help :-)

No problem! Let us know of your upgrade goes.