Re: Installing D-Link DGE-530T Gigabit NIC on an Woody 3.0r5 after Install.

Siju George wrote:

The Installation of this module failed so now could someone please
tell me how I ca install this NIC??

I assume you mean the sk98lin module that I suggested to use? Exactly what failed? Did you try the one which is available in the kernel? I suggest trying this first. When you recompile the kernel you should find the correct module.

** in the top level of the kernel source **
$ make menuconfig

then goto

Device Drivers ---> Networking support ---> Ethernet (1000 Mbit) --->

Select "Marvel Yukon Chipset/ SysKonnect SK-98xx Support" and compile it as a module

the build the kernel image .deb (go ahead and build the headers also...you will need this if this module fails to work, this can be done in three steps

$ fakeroot make-kpkg clean
$ fakeroot make-kpkg binary-arch
$ sudo dpkg -i /usr/src/kernel-{image,headers}(kernel-version)(--append-to-version)_(--revision)_(architecture).deb

then restart your system...logon

now load the module

$ sudo modprobe sk98lin

no bring the interface up

$ sudo ifconfig eth0 up

if that doesn't work you will have to compile the module from SysKonnect. Follow the instructions at their website. Be sure to link /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/kernel-headers-(kernel-version)(--append-to-version) that you created.

$ cd /usr/src
$ sudo ln -s kernel-headers-(kernel-version)(--append-to-version) linux

More info on building kernels:
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

SysKonnect Driver Module and Instructions
http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/readme/linux/sk98lin.html
http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/zip/linux/install-8_16.tar.bz2

Hope that helps let me know how it goes.