Re: Installing D-Link DGE-530T Gigabit NIC on an Woody 3.0r5 after Install.

On 6/9/05, Colin Ingram <synergizedmusic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Siju George wrote:
>

> >The Installation of this module failed so now could someone please
> >tell me how I ca install this NIC??
> >

> I assume you mean the sk98lin module that I suggested to use?  Exactly
> what failed?  Did you try the one which is available in the kernel?  I
> suggest trying this first.  When you recompile the kernel you should
> find the correct module.

Thankyou ngram for your detailed reply :-)

Sorry for responding late! i was away for sometime :-(

That mail was sent to the list i think before your suggestion.

what failed was the

dl2k module in woody 2.4 kernel

I have downloaded sarge today and am going to install it so I'll let
you know the details soon.

I happened to see something strange though!

on june 6th on the debian site it was written that Sarge would take
one more week to get released because of some critical bugs needing to
be fixed but today i find that the site mentions that Sarge was
released on june 6th itslef!!

any Idea what happened??

also I see the CD ISOs have te alphabet "a" appended to their name like "3.1r0a"

does it mean that it is the alpha release of "3.1r0" or something??

Thankyou so much once again for caring to help :-)

Kind Regards

Siju