Re: Installing D-Link DGE-530T Gigabit NIC on an Woody 3.0r5 after Install.

Siju George wrote:

Hi al,

I have been working on a debian woody 3.0r5 for which I have to
install a D-Link DGE-530T Gigabit NIC o it now.

Running
#modconf

and looking under

kernel/drivers/net               Drivers for network interface cards

I find

dl2k - D-Link 2000-based Gigabit Ethernet support
Could someone please tell me if it is the right module I should
Install to get the Gigabit NIC working or should I use the driver on
the CD.

D-link DGE-530T uses the sk98lin driver. I was not able to get it to work with the module included with the 2.4.x kernels and Woody, however the module in kernel 2.6.8 (sarge) works fine. When I was using woody I installed the driver from SysKonnect.

http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/

I would try the one that comes with the kernel first though since I might have had some other problem.