Re: i think I switched to Etch without knowing it

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:12:41PM -0500, Colin Ingram wrote:

> In a nut shell you can control your "version" with the
> apt.conf/preferences files or by only downloading a package list from a
> single release.

Three questions (gotta get Monty Python outta this)

1) User copies /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/apt.conf to /etc/apt/apt.conf
and edits to suit?

2) Some package(s) creates /etc/apt/apt.conf and edits to suit?

3) If 2 which package(s)?

>From man-aptconfig:

	apt-config is an internal program used by various portions
	of the APT suite to provide consistent configurability. It
	accesses the main configuration file /etc/apt/apt.conf  in
	a manner that is easy to use by scripted applications.

There is no fifth question, damn Monty Python.

--
Chris.
======