Re: Sarge->Etch: so far so good

On Jun 11 2005, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 11:15:32AM +0200, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> > Like many others on this list I am tracking "testing" which is now Etch
> > rather than Sarge. It would be nice to receive regular reports on how
> > the transition is going.
>
> Good to hear.

I am also using testing and I am quite happy with the number of updated
packages that have not entered sarge.

> > It would be a great service if anyone encountering problems write to
> > this list and let us know about it. Forewarned is forearmed.
>
> I won't stop anyone from reporting here; that is fine with me. But
> also use the system: report bugs with the reportbug package. And
> install the apt-listbugs package to warn you.

I also second that. And I would also recommend apt-listchanges (I can't
live without this one so that I can received what's new in my e-mail after
I upgrade something).

Not only that, but do the community a favour and install reportbug and as
soon as you encounter something wrong, please file a bug to the
corresponding package.

Hope this helps, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/