Re: [newbie] Cannot login as root (not a passwd issue)

> On Friday 10 June 2005 05:03 pm, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> > *snip*
> > The first thing that shocked me was that I couldn't make a directory via
> > Konqueror except inside my home dir (is hard to "undumb" oneself from a
> > MS universe ;).
> > But OK, I suppose you just don't use Konqueror to do that :-)
> > Also, it took me some time to get used to "sudo" pretty much any scrpit
> > (as they normally do something that require root privileges); but that's
> > OK too.
> > So OK, I'll repeat to myself "I don't ever need to login as root, ever" :-)
> >*snip*

You could install 'mc' (midnight commander - similar to Norton Commander
file manager in DOS).  And in a console, within KDE, do $ sudo mc

You can then manipulate files as root, without being root within KDE.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...