Re: file truncation bug in gv 3.5.8???

On Saturday June 11 2005 09:54, Bill wrote:
> The strange thing is that when I open the original .pdf file in gv
> I can see all 56 pages on screen. But when I try to print the file
> only the first 44 pages will be output. Also, if I try to print the
> last 12 pages separately, either singly or as a group, nothing
> prints. ( There is no problem with toner or paper. )

Have you tried printing the last 11 pages, omitting the one it fails on?
Sometimes, even "not corrupted" PDF or PS documents are a bit weird, which in
my experience sometimes happens with files generated on Windows. Now, don't
ask me why, I just know that each and every file that I couldn't print was
apparently generated on Windows, I don't know by what program though. The
only thing all those files had in common was a pixmap image on the page with
the failure.

Those files just made my printer crash. The only solution I found was
rasterizing the pages in Gimp and then print the image. I think some piece of
software has the tendency to produce ever so slightly broken code when being
confronted with certain types of graphics.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de