Re: Sudden constant spoofing of my address

On Saturday 11 June 2005 05:27, Thomas Stivers wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:19:12 PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:05:04PM +0100, Lee Braiden wrote:
> > > I would like to always sign my emails, but I always worry that people
> > > will dislike the extra overhead, and maybe find it hard to read.  Do
> > > most clients display GPG signatures nicely now?
> >
> > Pretty much.  And since most now do S/MIME and PGP/MIME instead of the
> > old ASCII inline, if they don't it shows up as some random attachment,
> > instead of a bunch of crap at the top and bottom of a message.
>
> The problem is that you can't use it universally because there are still
> way too many people using M$ products which simply don't display any
> body for messages that are pgp/mime signed. Unfortunately these people
> tend to be bosses, elderly family members, Etc. so you have to make an
> effort to exclude them from receiving pgp/mime signed messages. Still
> it's nice to have the if it ain't signed it ain't mine explanation.

I didn't follow this entire discussion from the beginning, so maybe it's been
said already, but if all these spoofed address messages result in you
receiving a bunch of "undeliverable" returns, why not filter on the word
"undeliverable" in the Subject line? You could do that easily with
Mailfilter, SpamAssassin, even Kmail's filter feature.

cheers,
Robert