Re: Eliminating upgrade confusion

Colin wrote:

whole picture.

Nah, I can't buy this argument.  When I look to see what entries I can put
in my sources.list file, I actually take a web browser and look at the
directory it comes from.  In the "dists" directory, I can see that
"testing" and "stable" are links to names like "sarge" and "etch".  It
doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that links like testing and
stable could change sometime in the future while actual directories like
"sarge" and "etch" are going to stay around.
How many newbies are going to do that?