Re: Lost an LVM group after dist-upgrade. I'm quite lost.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 03:36:35PM +0200, M. Maas wrote:
Ok, that's cool, here you go:
/dev/hdb1               1       24321   195358401   8e  Linux LVM

Looks a lot better right? Except:

Yes, that looks right.

Yes, but make sure you create a LVM partition on /dev/hdb, NOT on /dev/hdb1 ;)
Right, it seams that I may have done just that...

No, you created a partition on /dev/hdb, one primary, called hdb1, so
hdb has the partition table. You should not create a partition on
hdb1, which would be a subpartition.
You've done all right.

Is there hope?

I don't know. I never had such a problem.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |