Re: On IMAP servers

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 04:54:57AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Erik Steffl wrote:
> >   are you talking about pre-2k times only? I mean during last four years
> > imap support seems to be pretty good (and improving). Thunderbird
> > definitely isn't the first usable MUA, as far as imap support goes.
>
>     Nope.  In the past few years I've tried Netscape, TheBat!, Sylpheed-Claws,
> Eudora, KMail, mutt, Thunderbird and a slew of others I can no longer
> remember.  I don't recall any of them outside of Thunderbird being able to use

If you are going to use non-free stuff like The Bat!, try Mulbelry. It
is a *proper* IMAP client, and if it is used with a proper IMAP server,
it is quite nice.  Oh, and it has Windows, Linux and Mac versions.

> vounch for 3 clients which come up to snuff on that regards.  Thunderbird,
> Evolution (which at least has reply-to-list!) and, get this, Outlook.  The

Outlook is the *BANE* of all IMAP server support staff and programmers.
I have never heard of such a misbehaving client in my life as Outlook
and Outlook Express (different programs, different bugs, same
must-be-on-purpose level of incompetence in the IMAP layer) :(

--
  Henrique M. Holschuh